Interconnecting Operating System
transfering new ios version to the cisco device
- setup local tftp server
Then on the cisco device
verify file and set it to boot on next boot
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Diffrent mode in IOS
- user EXEC mode
- User EXEC level allows you to access only basic monitoring commands
- privliged EXEC mode
- privileged EXEC level allows you to access all router commands.
- Privileged EXEC level can be password protected to allow only authorized users the ability to configure or manage the router.
- Global Configuration mode
- From privileged EXEC level, you can access all the command modes.
- There are five command modes:
- global configuration mode
- interface configuration mode
- subinterface configuration mode
- router configuration mode
- line configuration mode